Dazaifu Tenmangu Garden
- It is a delightful spot in the early summer when the arched bridge with its vermilion railing rises over a pond filled with irises.
- Plum blossom
- According to legend this tree flew to Dazaifu from Kyoto, following Lord Michizane.
- Maybe that is why these are many plum trees in the local precincts.
- The most popular time to visit the shrine is in the spring, when the scent of the countless plum trees fills the air.
- Many people visit Dazaifu to see the plum blossoms in February and March.